Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8: Reflections

Coming into this class, I didn't really know what to expect, and I definitely didn't realize how much creativity I would need each week in order to create new, interesting stories. I think my favorite reading so far is Ramayana, hands down. I love the character development and the storyline overall. As for my favorite character in Ramayana, I really like Hanuman the monkey god. My favorite story I've written is actually in his first-person perspective, too! (Monkey Business - A Story of Hanuman) However, my story about Rama in the perspective of his son is a close second (The Legendary Rama)! Nevertheless, I don't think my stories can compare to many of my other classmates. Each week as I read unique and wonderfully written stories, I am amazed on how people can create so many different stories from different perspectives, inspirations, and characters all derived from the same story. After reading their stories, I became more determined to enhance my storytelling, and judging by my writing since the beginning of the semester, I can honestly say that I've noticeably improved! For the rest of the semester, I hope to keep this motivation going, and I can't wait to see what stories I and my other classmates come up with for weeks to come!

Storytelling

1 comment:

  1. I can agree with you on really seeing a difference on my own writing from the beginning till now. I think feedback is one of the main reasons for that. I think my grammatical errors have really improved, along with other writing techniques. I’m glad to see you are seeing your progress as a writer, as well! I think your stories have been so much fun to read so far!

    ReplyDelete