Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus

This week, I tried three different focusing techniques: reading out loud, copy-and-delete, and using a timer. My favorite technique out of the three was Reading Out Loud. For this technique, I read Why Dog and Cat are Enemies, a Chinese fable, and I was able to focus on the story and process its meaning fairly easily without losing track. My next favorite was the Copy-and-Delete technique. For this technique, I read Bucchettino, an Italian fable, and I thought it was a useful idea to use for long stories or written works in which you simply needed to know the idea or paraphrase it since everything will be in your own words. My least favorite technique was Using a Timer. For this technique, I read Quest for the Throne, a story by Tyler Brooking who was another Epics of India student, and I didn't like the idea of having a set limit on reading/rereading. It makes me anxious to know that I'm timing myself 10 minutes to focus. Out of all three techniques, I would definitely use reading out loud the most because it seems the most effective to me and allows me to view a story through tunnel vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment