Thursday, January 12, 2017

New York (AKA My Favorite Place)

I have always been fascinated with New York since I was younger.. It's a unique place filled with people from all sorts of backgrounds, stories, and talents. For my 18th birthday, my mother took me on my first trip to New York (because I've been wanting to go for years), and it was everything I'd ever imagined and more.


Another note about me: I love photography, artworks, and architecture. The following photos are some that I took during my vacation to New York in August 2015.

(Image Information: personal photo of NBC studios in NYC;
photo from August 2015)
** I hate traffic (which is why I like taking the subway), but I love the look of taxis and traffic for pictures.

(Image Information: personal photo of Empire State Building in NYC;
photo from August 2015)
** The Empire State Building is actually my #1 favorite building because I love how simplistic yet complex it is architecturally.

(Image Information: personal photo of Kobra's V-J Day in NYC;
photo from August 2015)
** This street artist is known for creating HUGE building-side street art with an iconic assortment of colors. V-J Day unfortunately completely painted over now, and no one knows why.

4 comments:

  1. New York is AMAZING, Julie: agreed! And I am such a fan of art of all kinds, including street art. Being able to work with images is one of my favorite things about teaching online, and you can definitely bring your love of photography, artworks, and architecture to this class. Images: they are powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York is an amazing place to go! I went for the first time two years ago in December, and it was absolutely amazing. I do love the touristy aspect of New York, and unlike Oklahoma, there is always something to do there. I love the picture that you added. However, they do not do any justice to its actual beauty. I loved that you got to go for your 18th birthday. That is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Julie! After reading your Week 6 story, I can definitely understand your initial thought of placing the setting as New York! New York is so amazing! I have been 3 times, but I am sure you know much more about the place than I do! One thing that I never got to do there is visit the landmark locations where Gossip Girl occurred, and probably because I didn't start watching it till after I had visited New York! Nice to know where your favorite place is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie I was so excited when I read that your favorite place is New York City. I am absolutely in love with and obsessed with New York City. There is no other place in the world where you can essentially have anything you might ever want or need all on one little island. I am actually hoping to move to New York after I graduate in May to find a job because I love the city so much.

    ReplyDelete